Friday, February 2, 2001, 9:40 am.

Bro. Hyles was flown to the University of Chicago Hospital late last evening. He is stable but still classified in critical condition. He has a balloon pump in his chest to assist his heart.

The doctors feel it is best to wait until Monday for surgery until more fluid has been drained from his lungs. This will assist his heart in recovering from the surgery.

Preacher is alert and his mind is sharp. He does still have severe pains in his back. His family has confidence in the present doctors and staff and feel postponing the surgery is wise.

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray because Preacher is still in critical condition.

Back to updates page